Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Top 3 Books for a Spooky Good Time

Top Three Books I Can’t Wait To Read In October 

I love to curl up with a good (and maybe slightly spooky) book as autumn begins. Here are the books that I’m looking forward to reading in October!






Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake



Three Dark Crowns follows a set of triplets. While all three of them are queens and heirs to the throne, only one can wear the crown. And that’s where it gets a little messy…because one sister must kill the other two.


With Halloween only a month away, I thought this delectably dark fantasy book would be a great read. I can’t wait to learn more the three sisters, their powers, and the island kingdom of Fennbirn!









Replica by Lauren Oliver



I absolutely loved Lauren Oliver’s book Panic, so when I saw she had a new book coming out in October, I instantly put it on my TBR list.


Have you ever seen those books where there are two stories in the same book, and you flip the book over to reveal the other story? That’s how Replica is structured. The book tells two interweaving stories: that of Lyra, an escaped “replica” (aka human model) and that of Gemma, a girl looking for answers about her family’s past. This book promises no small dose of adventure, and I can’t wait to experience Lyra and Gemma’s journey!







Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


Since my post for the three books I can’t wait to read September was all about sequels, I wasn’t planning on putting a sequel on this month’s list. But when I remembered Gemina is coming out this month, I couldn’t help myself from adding it to this list.


Gemina, the second book in The Illuminae Files series, follows a different pair of teenagers than the first book did. It chronicles the adventures of Hanna and Nik when the space station they live on is attacked. Like Illuminae, the story is told in documents like maps, emails, and transcribed audio logs. Also like Illuminae, it promises to be an amazing, action-packed story.







Thank you so much for reading! What books are you looking forward to reading in October?

No comments:

Post a Comment